Tuesday, July 22, 2008

BEE SKEP~FINISHED

I promised a finsihed picture of the Bee Skeps that Laura and I made. These were both made using the orange plastic cones, one cone was taller than the other. Before they dry completely, remove them from the cones by flipping them over, these didn't release completely right away, it took a little rough handling by banging on the cone, they finally released. We used a couple different tools trying to find the best one to scribe the lines in. This is our first attempt, we are going to make some more, next time we are going to remove them from the cones sooner so the scribing goes easier. Laura has her's in her garden area. I'm going to go to her house and get some picutres of her beautiful flowers for you to see! Enjoy, try making some for yourself, they were not difficult at all, the only time consuming part was making the lines.

5 comments:

simple~needs said...

those turned out great!!
i want to try some of them adding a little peat moss or straw. not sure which though. i think you did an awesome job!! i cant wait to see more pics!

The Real Estate Talker said...

Simple-Needs
Thank you, would you add the peat moss or the straw to the concrete?
Please let me know, that sounds interesting.
Blessings~Cheryl

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

YOUR BEE SKEPS ARE DELIGHTFUL...GREAT JOB...

I BOUGHT A CEMENT BEE SKEP FROM A SHOP AND IT HAS BITS OF POTTING SOIL MIXED INTO THE CEMENT... I WOULD THINK AS YOU BEGIN TO MIX THE WATER WITH THE DRY CEMENT YOU COULD ADD SOME POTTING SOIL IN AT THAT TIME,,,,SIMPLY A GUESS ON MY PART~~~

The Real Estate Talker said...

Miss Prudence, would that be the wonderful bee skep in your newest post on your blog. I was just looking at that, and I commented on your blog about it, I love it.
I'm going to have to try the potting soil, now I am really excited to make another one, and post it to show you.
Blessings~Cheryl

Raggedy Angel said...

Wheres your pictures? I really wnated to see...I wanted to make some. Beth