Tuesday, December 2, 2008


~CHRISTMAS IS COMING TO OUR HOME~
I'm almost finished decorating, I have put up a couple of tress and a few of my many Christmas items. I have so much Christmas stuff in boxes in the basement that I don't even bring it all out anymore. I sift through the boxes and every year I seem more selective in what I put out.
I seem to have gotton to be more of a purist with Christmas and decorating. I love to decorate with natural items from the outside. I cut pine from my own pine trees in my yard I bring in pinecones and of course the winter berries oh I love the red winter berries.
I have my little window lights in the windows, my old sleds outside resting on the steps as if someone had just got finished sledding.
I love the old early look of Christmas
Cotton Batting Santas, old mittens, old stockings on the mantel. Lots of my early pieces get a touch of pine to bring out the Christmas feel.
Next, I will go outside and put some white lights on my little old fence in the front yard with a roping of evergreen and some greens on the old sleds.
Bring out the old wool blankets to decorate with, old bowls filled with fresh pine, pomegrantes and oranges
Candy jars filled with old fashioned candy canes
And a wreath on the doors
and maybe if I'm lucky I will string another garland of fruit.
I'll post pictures as soon as it all looks festive
Till we meet again~ Blessings Cheryl

4 comments:

Pamela... Beehind Thyme Farm & Garden said...

OH...MY... I can't wait to see more!!! Like you, this year has been a year of SiMpLiCiTy too. I want natural things... fresh baked gingerbread cookies & ole Christmas movies playing.

So glad I happened upon your blog, love it!
MeRRiE BLeSSiNgs, Pamela

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I bet your home not only looks cozy and Christmasy, but smells good, too, with real pinecones and pine boughs for decorations! Can't wait for more pictures!

LoveThePrimLook said...

Cheryl, thank you so much for stopping . I love your blog !!! I added you to mine, I hope you dont mind :)

Happy Holidays to you and yours and thank you for helping animals !!!

Angie

PEA said...

Cheryl,
Thank you for wanting to do auction for HOPE. You can copy and paste anything you need or want. Please let me know what I can do to help.
You can email me at phillanes@yahoo.com for your free pattern. You can pick it from pattern mart the link to my page is on my blog. Thank you again for helping me save this sweet baby.
Blessings,Pea